Timber and Brick Guard Houses

The soldier in the first photograph to the right is Sergeant (Retired) Bernard Keegan who was stationed at Tweedsmuir Camp during WWII. The photograph was taken in September 1943.

In the background is the timber guard house and detention center. To the rear is a fenced off exercise yard, which is clearly visible in the picture.

(We are grateful to Sergeant Keegan for allowing us to use the photograph on the Tweedsmuir Camp website.)

By the time the above
photograph was taken the brick gaurd house (shown in the image to the right) had already been completed. It too had a fenced off exercise yard as seen to the extreme right of the picture.

Today all that remains of the brick guard house is the foundation (last photograph on this page).