Physiognomy of camp's north end

Since the canal was filled in 1941 torrents of rain water have flowed freely from Beansides Wood for over 60 years, creating a waterlogged landscape in the north of the site. Doubtless the concrete foundations, roadways and parade ground that were once an integral part of Tweedsmuir Camp have added to this phenomenon.

These photographs were taken in the middle of one of the hottest summers on record.