Other evidence of canal remains

The canal remains can be seen clearly in the foreground of the first photograph.

When Tweedsmuir Camp was built in 1941 the parade ground was laid just west of the canal bend between indicators (4) and (7) on the 1920 map. Rain water from the parade ground was encouraged to flow through a 300 mm earthenware pipe (indicated by an orange arrow in the second picture) and into the canal as it was at the time.

Further evidence of the canal can be seen north of the existing parade ground as shown in the third pictue.