Beansides Wood (2003)

Graphics on the 1920 map illustrate that in the early part of the twentieth century Beansides Wood consisted of fir trees, very much as it does today.

Nineteenth century maps we have located in the Surrey History Centre also show Beansides as a coniferous woodland.

The only piece of military construction to have taken place in Beansides Wood during WWII was the erection of a water tower, which is visible in the second photograph on this page.