1 Canadian Base Depot
The photograph of Lorne Scots personnel is owned by The Lorne Scots (Peel, Dufferin and Halton Regiment) Regimental Museum, Brampton, Ontario, Canada. We are grateful to Major (Retired) Albert Goodman for allowing us to use it on the Tweedsmuir Camp website.
Click here for a larger image of the above photograph
Captain H Mason and Major DJ Burgoyne transferred from The West Nova Scotia Regiment. Private HCW Aldred transferred from The Seaforth Highlanders.
Captain Bullock was the Lieutenant Colonel of The West Nova Scotia Regiment who reverted to Captain as a Padre in order to stay in England. He was a WWI veteran and an ordained minister.
Note that the present day Lorne Scots' uniform includes a primrose hackle worn on the tam-o'-shanter as illustrated in the image to the right. It was not part of the Lorne Scots' regimentals during WWII hence is not evident in the above photograph. The hackle was bestowed on the Lorne Scots for custodianship by the Lancashire Fusiliers who had been amalgamated into a larger unit in the 1960s. The Lancashire Fusilier Regiment were allied to The Lorne Scots Regiment on 9 May 1929.